Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Assigning Resource to Hammock Activity?

6 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,
I want to assign a hammock activity to cover the site cleaning activity from the start of the project to the end of the project.
I have already done this, but now i want to load it with a resource - Unskilled labor for cleaning of the site and assign 100 units( hours ) each day. This i want to do
for working days only , now my problem is that when i assign this resource and put 100 units per day and schedule it it doesnt give me the actual spent till date( considering my project started in Feb 2007.
Moreover the total budgeted quantity field is also not automatically filled & and once i put the actual start date as 1st feb 07 and schedule it on todays date the percent complete field as well is not coming.

Please advise what is wrong , or if you have any better idea of doing this.
regards
Deb

Replies

Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
try to change the BQ everytime u update, if hammocks UPT is 100, and the Orig Dur is changing, then u can get a new BQ everytime u update,then fix the UPT again.. set a milestone start or activity for hammock to be able to update it
Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
remeasurable activity
Pranab Kumar Deb
Hello Sajid,
ya floating BQ dependant on the Duration.

Wish is a variable ,for me a fucntion of time.
My great grand father wished a Gramphone and that was the normal , my grand father wished a radio , my father a hi-fi system , my wish for the time being you know.
regards
deb
Sajid Balma
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Deb
A floating BQ???????
Too much to ask/wish for, may be........

I don’t have any other ideas for now. May be someone else in the community shed some light on this Floating BQ.
Pranab Kumar Deb
Hello Sajid,
I dont want to put BQ because the duration of the project will vary and i want the BQ as well to vary accordingly.
kind regards
deb
Sajid Balma
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Ravi
Why shouldn’t you just put BQ as your intended Units per Day x Duration of Hammock activity? P3 uses BQ to calculate BC & QTD etc rather Units/day to calculate BQ and BC etc.