Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Just had Prim P3 3.1 installed and mouse wont scroll

8 replies [Last post]
Hazel Stilgoe-McC...
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
What do the IT guys need to do to fix this problem?

Replies

Peter Ayre
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
OK, sorry for anyone I led astray with the Wheeler software, I truely believed it had solved my problems, and it did for Suretrak, but not for P3.
What I’ve now found does work is Intellipoint 4.1 here’s what I did

Download the old Intellipoint software - IP4_12EngALLMsi.exe from the Microsoft site
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4348502a-61be-4...

Follow instructions here
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030766.html
to remove old mouse drivers. In my case I have an Alps touch pad driver that I did not remove during this process. Make sure to disconnect your mouse first otherwise xp will just keep reinstalling drivers. I’ve also read about others having real problems trying to uninstall Intellipoint 5.xx, sorry I can’t help if you have these problems as mine seemed to work fine.

run the Intellipoint 4.1 software. I followed all the setup prompts including re-boot and set up a "Wheel Mouse Optical", THEN I reconnected my mouse, which was a Logitech simple two button optical with scroll wheel. The mouse started working, BUT still no scrolling in P3, so go to bed cursing, still not working next day at work, but notice an error saying setup.exe terminated by IT Policy, get home bypass IT Policy so I can boot up laptop without it being connected to company LAN and low and behold it’s scrolling in P3. So it seems it needs a second reboot (without restrictions) to finish installation.

It seems to only work with simple two button optical mice with scroll wheel, even an old Dell one I have, but not with new mice with extra buttons eg. a newer Dell one I have with up/down arrow buttons on the side does not work.

good luck
Hazel Stilgoe-McC...
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
well I give up our IT guy tried the wheeler programme and nothing changed. Yet my project manager who has the demo version installed his mouse works on his machine so we tried his mouse. Still no joy the only thing I am left thinking is that Primavera is installed on T: drive, I work on it on the c drive of my machine and the programmes are kept on the m dirve is this too much for P3 to cope with???
Dennis Hanks
User offline. Last seen 8 years 1 week ago. Offline
Peter;

Just tried Wheeler on a P3.1 install using a MS Intellimouse optical - no joy. After reading the instructions (in this case, helpful), I was able to scroll the bar section, but not the text section. Used two different class settings \P3TabClient and \P3GrfClient. Any thoughts? Great suggestion, if I can get it to work. Thanks.
Peter Ayre
User offline. Last seen 3 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
For those still frustrated with this problem caused by newer versions of intellipoint...

There is a solution, use free Wheeler software
http://www.eluent.com/wheeler.htm
read the instructions that come with this software for Adding a new Window Class.
You will need to add a new "scoped" window class and select the "translate wheel to scrollbar message".

read the instructions and it will make sense.

Peter
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi hazel,

If u want mouse scrolling with p3, then u need to do d following:

U need to use Microsoft-Intellipoint 4.1 mouse.

Log out of P3 --> Use the installation Disk that comes with the mouse, Install the driver --> Reboot your computer (open P3 & scroll)

Cheers,

Raviraj
gerry politan
User offline. Last seen 13 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
use the Microsoft intelliPoint 4.12 and it works

cheers,

gerry
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
P3 was written before mice were invented, you are lucky the mouse even works at all with it!

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
James Barnes
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
I have *heard* that there is a driver fix for this bug.

I use the arrow keys and try to forget that I have a scroll wheel.