Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Other Users are currently accessing layouts?

2 replies [Last post]
Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am currently using P3.1 SP2 on a stand alone machine. I created a new project this morning rather a copy of an old project - this is the usual method.

I have gone to shutdown and it asks to save layout which I say "yes" and then it says "Other users are currently accessing layout..please wait". I wait!!!! and nothing!!!

There are no other users and I check by going to View & Current Users. Only me with the one project as write Read. Any help out there please.

Replies

Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Ronald but in the end I closed the project down without saving Layout changes then re-opened but this time ticking the switch for exclusivity upon opening. I hadnt lost any data but just the layout changes which I then re-modified and finally I was happy. Ta
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
This is a classic symptom of a corrupt schedule file. Run C:\P3WIN\P3PROGS\PFXW.EXE, select the schedule, check all three options at the bottom left and then Run. Good luck!