Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter on Target /Baseline Programme - Needs help

5 replies [Last post]
Shahab Ali
User offline. Last seen 12 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I need help.

I have to plans one is target and other is current in P3 ver 3.1. I want to filter the activities in the current project of the target project within period range.

Have anyone some bright idea. I searched a lot, this facility is not available in this version. Am I right?

Shahab

Replies

Shahab Ali
Thanks! both guys

Now I remembered, I did same thing 2 years back as Alex said. I needed two weeks look ahead filter on target programme while opening current progamme. In my case Alex idea is the easiest one.

Thanks once again

Shahab
Prabin Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Alex,

Yes, your idea is quite good and its easy also.
For the global change with targeted dates as a condition I still wish to insist that its possible.
After opening ’Data item’ for writing a condition, select Target data, choose T1ES /T1EF/T2EF/T2EF....,whatever suits to the condition and run..

Am I wrong ?

I had tried this !

Prabin
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Probin

I dont think you can use global change with targeted dates as a condition(correct me if I am wrong)

My suggestion is
create a CDI call PF - PS (Normally it is already created)
export your target schedule ES EF
export your current schedule with PF & PS
Replace PF and PS with target ES and EF
Import back to your current schedule

from this date onward you can filter all your plan date (Target) and dont need to use global change

Good Luck

Alex
Prabin Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
I tried like this!

First I added a new activity code(say ’tar’) to the current project and then opened Global change, feeded the logic with Target early start/target early finish with respect to duration (if logic is true - add ’tar’ EQ ’F’ else ’blank’)
After running the global change, filtered the activity having ’tar = F’

thanks,

Prabin Kumar
Shahab Ali
I need help.

I have two (2) plans one is target and other is current in P3 ver 3.1. I want to filter the activities in the current project of the target project within period range.

Have anyone some bright idea. I searched a lot, this facility is not available in this version. Am I right?

Shahab