Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Removing Actuals

8 replies [Last post]
Peter Bailey
User offline. Last seen 45 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Has anyone ever created a global change to remove Actual dates and percent complete.
I am using a starting a new project (Turnaround) and have a historical project but I need to remove the actual start and end dates as well as making the percent complete zero.
This will allow me to copy and paste various parts of the old schedule into my new schedule.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 days 2 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

here is a link to the detailed instructions on how to do this 

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3064/

chidhambarathanu ...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

How to remove actual date & percentage of completion by global change 

Peter Bailey
Thanks a lot guys for all the help. I have taken on board all your thoughts and it has worked well.
May thanks.
Tahir Naseem PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Alex
I am agree with you reagrding risk but at end of my thread i advised the guy make it habit before any global cahnge make a copy of your current schedule.
Regards
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Tahir

your solution is very risky

my suggestionis to make use of the PS PF in the custom data items to store all the actual start and finsh first

In addition also create one more CDI to store the OD
EF - AS

Once that finish then you can use the global change to remove AS AF and reassign with PS PF

In addition, you have to be very careful if
The activity is loaded with resource and you want to maintain the same level of resource. What you then have to do is export these resource assignment and import back as the "Destatus" Completed at the activity level

This might sound a lot more effort to destatus a schedule, but its worth it if you want to get the real info

Good Luck

Alex
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Tahir

your solution is very risky

my suggestionis to make use of the PS PF in the custom data items to store all the actual start and finsh first

In addition also create one more CDI to store the OD
EF - AS

Once that finish then you can use the global change to remove AS AF and reassign with PS PF

In addition, you have to be very careful if
The activity is loaded with resource and you want to maintain the same level of resource. What you then have to do is export these resource assignment and import back as the "Destatus" Completed at the activity level

This might sound a lot more effort to destatus a schedule, but its worth it if you want to get the real info

Good Luck

Alex
Peter Bailey
Thanks very much Tahir,

Works perfect.
Tahir Naseem PMP,...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Peter
Just clik global change and select GL-05, only change after the first action enter
AF eq " "
pct eq 0
then run.
But keep in mind for all deleted actual start will come to data date. If you keep the relationship in this case you can re schedule at new date and all your logic will act same as previous in other case if you delete or change some relations then this program is not give same as original.

Keep in mind and make it your habit always create a copy before updating your plan.
Regards
Tahir