Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How P3 is calculating % complete.....

5 replies [Last post]
Reynaldo Y. Calay...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
hi guys!

i need some info on how p3 is calculating its % complete.

how it is computing % complete when you run schedule & when you roll up the activities.......

what is the most acurate method in calculating % complete in P3.....

tnx in advance c",)

Replies

Reynaldo Y. Calay...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
hi ronald how are you nice to hear from you.......

i have done that already what all of you have mentioned
i even ask some planners here also.....

let me rephrase my question......
if i will summarize all the activities the % complete lets say 67% complete
if i would schedule the programme it will show 57% why there is a difference.......i keep on encountering this problem

do i have to ask my boss to renew the license??? do i have to replace my PC??? :)

follow up question......
lets say i have a delay of 8% on the over all programme i would like to know what % of the overall delays is the blockworks alone????

tnx in advance guys :)

Prabin Kumar
User offline. Last seen 8 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ray,

P3 calculates % complete by calculating the percentage of actual duration wrt Total duration. i.e (OD-RD)/OD

However, if you dont want to use this rule, you can remove the linkage by Autocost rule, But in that case you have to feed % completion and Remaining Duration manually.

Yes, we can set % completion for summerized activity (Tool >Option>summerization)in three way i.e. by Duration, Resources unit and cost.
and even you can set different method for different section if you are using more than one calander in your project.

Thanks

Prabin Kumar
Ronaldo Quilao
User offline. Last seen 9 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Dear Rey,

How you doing?

Try to check AutoCost Rule. You can click whichever fit to your requirements in calculation.

Regards,

Ronald
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
When do summary, summarized PCT=
[(SumOfOD - SumOfRD)/SumOfOD]x100%
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
According to P3 manual, PCT is "The proportion of an activity that has been completed".
PCT=[(OD-RD)/OD]x100%