Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Work shift query

2 replies [Last post]
Paul Allen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I am trying to apply a single new Calendar ID, that comprises a 2x10x6 (2 shifts; 10 hours/shift; 6 days/week)work shift arrangement, with a 2 hour gap between shifts

Shift 1: start 07:00 finish 17:00
Shift 2: start 19:00 finish 05:00

I am not sure if P3 can show this separate work shift arrangement for one Calendar ID.

Appreciate anyone’s help on this one.

Replies

Jaime Linchangco
User offline. Last seen 15 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Paul,

There’s a turnaround for this. Define first your new calendar. In the standard, first define your non-working day which i supposed sunday by assigning 00:00 for both starting and end time. Press OK.

Then, from day 1 of your Project, click that date and press simultaneously "shift" key then scroll down to the Finish date. Since all the days for your Schedule are all highlighted, click the Hours 5 and choose "Nonwork". Then click 6 and choose "Nonwork". Do the same on 15 and 16. Then press OK.

For your activities to start on 7am, specify in your Data Date the hour at "7:00" everytime you Calculate or pressing F9.

That should do.

Cheers!

Jaime
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 37 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi Paul,
I think it’s not possible. Probably it’ll be better to create two different calendars reflecting your 1st and 2nd shifts’ working hours and apply this calendars to the particular resources. Then you may use both types of calendars in one activity (independent).
Best regards,
Andrew