Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

50% of workforce on non-work days

5 replies [Last post]
Katalin Hovanyi
User offline. Last seen 9 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
From now on we need to start working on non-work days. Can somebody suggest an easy way to allocate 50% workforce for non-work days?
Thanks

Replies

Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
ya...u doing the right way using excel then import..i forgot about excel... U can do automtic caculation using excel formula..then import the file takes a minute to do that...
Katalin Hovanyi
Thank You Ibrahim,
I was afraid that I neet to burn a few night candles to complet this changes or go back to do a lot of things in Excel.
Raja Izat Raja Ib...
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
dear katalin,
to make it 50% resource in non working days as u said absolutely cannot be done unless at first setup the file u select planning unit in hrs...the other way, u can define every activities that working in non working days then u have to deduct 50% using global change or manual calculation. Its little bit tedious...to select one by one from the budget cost.
regards
Katalin Hovanyi
Thank You Bill,
Can You be a little bit more detailed. The resource curve based on duration percentage, so how can I hit the non-work days with the half workforce for hundreds of activities with different start date?
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 7 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
apply 7 day cal. and then apply resoruce curves, set up your curve percentages.

after a test run you might do global.

have fun bill