Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted resources changes everytime i import data

9 replies [Last post]
Rolyn Jalea
User offline. Last seen 11 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
good day fellow planners!!!
I have a weird problem with regard to my resource loaded programme. Everytime i import a data (i.e. AS, AF & PCT)from our subcontractor, my budgeted resource in some of my activity changes. I don’t know what could be the reason, I’ve been doing this for the past 5 months and its working fine. then last month this problem occur. This programme is cost loaded and every month I have to generate monthly valuation to be submitted to the client. Manually encoding the data that comes from the subcontractor is not possible since i have 7 towers to update & the only way is to do importing datas. I have 25,000 activities as a whole with 7 subprojects. Any help will be gladly appreciated.
THANKS!!!

Replies

Rolyn Jalea
thanks for the help, I’ll try all of your suggestions...
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
have you run PFIX.exe

could be unstable schedule base.
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Rolyn Transfer Autocost Rule from another Project. (One you are sure that you did not have any problems with)

Also have a look as to earned Value are you using Target Project or Current Project
Frank Borcherdt
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Is the freeze the units per timeperiod autocost rule set??
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
nothing driving
Rolyn Jalea
Auto-cost rule seems ok... I’ve checked it already.
Rolyn Jalea
Alex,
the budgeted quantity of some of my activities changes, some have increased and some decreases... there’s no pattern whatsoever. therefore my budgeted cost also changes. This is the first time I’ve encountered such problem like this. and this problem only occurs every time I import data (i.e. AS, AF & PCT).
Frank Borcherdt
User offline. Last seen 7 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Rolyn,

I would check your autocost rules (Tools, Optiosn, Autocost).

You mentioned it is cost loaded and you collect AS, AF and PCT. To have the system estimate the actual you will need to have the option checked to Use updated percentage against budget to estimate actual cost (or quantity) to date.

If these are not set and you are not collecting and inputting/importing the actual cost (or quantity) then as you import the AF the RD becomes 0 and forces the CTC and CAC (and QTC/QAC) to zero and you appear to lose those values from the Project.

HTH
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Can you please describe a bit more

is your quantity or $ changed
is increase or decrease
how you update your actuals (Import and Export)

cheers

Alex