Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Any way to add a remarks column in P3

6 replies [Last post]
Rajeev Kumar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Friends,

Is there any way to add a remarks column in P3 other than log record? Or can a log record be shown as a column? If so what is the character length limitation?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Rajeev

Replies

Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Or you could use Logs and attach them to the Bar Specification. You can even concatenate the logs if your comments are really wordy.
Nathaniel Alexander
User offline. Last seen 13 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
You can add remarks which will appear on the barchart area if you use VIEW-attachment tools. you can then insert your remarks.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
If you are using P3 then SureTrak is a very useful tool to use at the same time.

SureTrak has some useful tools such as displaying P3 Log 1 to 10 as individual columns or concatinated as Log Record which would enable commebts to be displayed in columns.

SureTrak also allows the following functions which are not available in P3 which make it a powerful companion tool:
Organisation by Activity ID and Resource, making updating costs and quantities easier.
Displaying constraints and dates in columns and organising by constraint type.
Organising by Resource Unit.
Cutting and Pasting from Excel.
Neat reports which enable the production of many reports in pdf format very simple.

Regards

Paul E Harris
www.eh.com.au
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Thanx for the fast reply. But can you explain me how I can "float" it to a column? Do you mean if i create a blank column I can really float the log record to the column?

Waiting for your reply..thanx
Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Logs cannot be shown as a column entry as this would be a many-to-one relationship. You can have the Logs window ‘float’ over the column area though. Each activity can have up to 99 log entries. Each log line is limited to 48 characters.

There is a ‘trick’ you can do. You can create a character-type custom data item and display it as a column. The problem here is that you are limited to 20 characters.

P3e/c has unlimited and unformatted log ability but even that can’t be placed in a column. Good luck!
Srinivasan Ramasamy
User offline. Last seen 17 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
I used to add remarks column for my scheduling job. The way ive adopted may be easy to use. An entry can be made in custom data items. It is easy to bring the customized data items in the columns. So, whenever a remark to be entered, it can be directly typed in the cell itself. Isnt it an easy way..friends.

srini