Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 access from asp or coldfusion page

2 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
I am creating a small web report application which shows all the p3 data in web page. I have successfully installed ODBC driver(od32v204.exe). I managed to link the P3 tables into MS Access(2000) DB. Does anyone succeeded in creating a ASP or Coldfusion page which retrives the data from P3 via ODBC?.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

Forum Guest
I have created an almost complete front-end to P3 in ASP using RA. You can select projects to open, list activities, view details, resources and run CPM. It even drew gantt charts using VML.

You can get the RA tools and examples from the primavera ftp site. It was an interesting exercise but after it was finished it was never used. I developed it using Personal Web Server. To put it on a real server you you need to get a licence from primavara for each user. Might as well just run the original package.

RNM

Forum Guest
I have created an almost complete front-end to P3 in ASP using RA. You can select projects to open, list activities, view details, resources and run CPM. It even drew gantt charts using VML.

You can get the RA tools and examples from the primavera ftp site. It was an interesting exercise but after it was finished it was never used. I developed it using Personal Web Server. To put it on a real server you you need to get a licence from primavara for each user. Might as well just run the original package.

RNM