Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter Specification

9 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi
In a same layout, I want to compare activities whose Planned %>0 and also activities whose Actual %>0 (not necessarily the same activities of Plan). Is it possible to specify a filter for this? I tried by keeping Plan schedule as current layout and assigned Actual Schedule as its target. Because this will tell us straightaway in the layout, what activities are behind schedule and what are ahead. But the available options in the filter do not enable this. I am worried about only activties whose plan and/or actual % > 0.

Thank you for the help, in advance.

Replies

Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
What I mean to say are on going Activities (% comp. > 0) which started late.
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
How can a activity that has not started have +ve%, please explain
Zq qz
Yes I agree with you Joel if we are reffering to delays on dates, but if we consider %wise this is not applicable. Sometime some activities are late in early start but %wise +ve.
Joel Gilbert
User offline. Last seen 4 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
If I understand your question correctly you want to track difference between base start/finish and schedule start./finish and what is running behind with the aid of a filter. Hoping this will help.
For activities behind schedule use variance target 1 early start LT 0 in your filter and variance target 1 early finish LT 0 in your filter depending if you want to track start or finish delays
Zq qz
I think its possible by adding costum data item. then use the import and export option.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
There is no filter specification for Tar1 or Tar 2 % Complete thats why you cant make such filter. I suggest you follow the steps outlined by Jorge.

Se
Zq qz
Pareng Jorge, How can we filter activities with Schedule % >0 (or percent in your Target)and Actual % > 0.

PCT_T1 > 0 and PCT > 0 In one Layout

Jorge Taguinod
User offline. Last seen 2 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Quite easy.

1. Create a second Target project by copying the original target.
2. Close Current Schedule and Open Target 2.
3. Update Target 2 to Data Date using Tools, Update Progress. Select All Activities. This creates the Planned Percent complete.
4. Close Target 2 and Open Current Project.
5. Add the following Columns in the layout: Percent Complete and Target 2 Percent Complete.

Viola! You can now compare Planned Percent Complete and Current Percent Complete.

Note: You need to update Target 2 using Update Progress command using the latest Data Date everytime you want this layout.

Jorge
Khalid Abdelaal
User offline. Last seen 6 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
You can do the following steps to specify the required filter (make the progressed project as current and planned project as a target)

1- creat custom data item as start date and finish date
(default in p3 PLST and PLF

2- creat global change the custum data start = taget1 early start and finish date = target 1 early finish

Then:
PLST = T1ES
PLFN = T1EF

3- in the filter specify that:

PLST WR (specify the required date)

ES WR (specify samedate)

I hope this solve your problem,

egards,

Khalid Abdelaal