Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Phases

3 replies [Last post]
mirza gulam hussa...
User offline. Last seen 13 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have 600 activities in Phase I of the project and the Phase II is identical of Phase I and i want to transfer all the Activities of Phase I into Phase II of the same project.

I know a lengthy way but can anybody tell me about a quick way of transfering activities from one Phase to another through activity codes.

Replies

Bruce Mercer
User offline. Last seen 21 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Why has not anyone recommended Fragnets for duplicating phases? Ive successfully stored and retrieved fragnets and have had troubles in the past retaining all my data with copy and paste.

Would 600 activities exceed capabilitites?

Has anyone experienced problems using fragnets?
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Salam Mirza,

How are u doing nowdays?

in addetion to Mr.Paul Haris solution.
you can make the changes through Exel sheet.
copy the first phase and make all your changes through the functions of Excel(visual basic functions).

Then import your file to P3.

I hope this will help.

Regards

Ali
--------------------------------------------------
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline
When you duplicate your new activities they will need a unique number.

You may use the copy and paste option and renumber the activities with this function.

Then use either a Global Change to reassign the Phase or the Copy Cell function.

The Global change will only work if you have an unique number (created when you paste) in the new activity code to filter on.

If you create one new Phase 2 activity and Organise by Phase then paste the new activities into the new phase by highlighting the new Phase 2 activity when you paste in all the activities will adopt this Phase Code.

Regards

Paul E Harris
www.eh.com.au