Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3 Earned Value Reports

5 replies [Last post]
Chris Blanchard
User offline. Last seen 22 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’d like to get earned value reports. The only canned report we can get has no numbers in the "Planned" column. How do I get the "planned" hours to appear? Are there other reports available? Or, can I change the filters or grouping on this report?

Replies

Mrln R
User offline. Last seen 3 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Hello To All,

Im Marlon and im newly in primavera v.3 could you help me regarding Earned Value Report in P3? I mean sir is how can i view that from tools up to the filter? I dont have any idea for the Resource Selection and the Low Value to High Value which i will input could you teach me the simple way i can easyly understand? my resources for i.e. Carpenter(Labor), Labor(Labor), Dump Truck(Equip.), Mixer(Equip.) etc. and there Price/Units. My Cost Account for i.e. 001-Labor, 002-Equipment...

I Hope you all will help me, Thank you very much in advance...

Best Regards,

Marlon

you can email me also personaly
Chris Blanchard
I must rely on my "scheduler" to run the software. I can only look over his shoulder and make suggestions.

Thanks for the tips. I will pass them along.
Chris Blanchard
Thanks for the assistance.

We’ve got it now!
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Chris
Have you read the Primavera Manual about Earned Value? Or the Online Help? Both are excellent sources of information and explain clearly how to do what you ask.
As stated in the Help Screen for "Resource and Cost Earned Value Reports", to see values in the Planned column, you must first designate a Target Plan as Target1. The Help screen then gives you a hyperlink to "Targets and Progress" if you need assistance to do that. You can change the filter or Selection criteria using the Selection Tab.

You can also set up Earned Value (Cost = BCWP; Units = BQWP) columns in Gantt chart layouts.
These can be specified to sub-total within groups and for the whole project.
I suggest you call up P3 Help / Search and type in Earned value. You will see the topic "Earned Value (or BCWP)". Press the Show Topics button, then look at each of the 3 topics displayed.
You can print out the topics if you wish.
I hope this helps.
Regards
Colin Cropley
Robin Jongen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
If you want to see the planned colum filled in the earned value report, you must look under tools options and then earned value.

Choose to base the earned value report on target project (if you have an earned value report). Then run the earned value report in resources or cost (depending on you have hours or cost in the planning) and you will see that the planned colum is filled.

If not please contact me on my email adress.
member 1394