Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Link between P3 & Data Base Program

15 replies [Last post]
Ali Hamouda
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear sir, Instead of using Export Import utility in the Primavera. we can use direct link to any Program such as :Access,Infomaker,Excel,or any data base program. In P3.program they suggest Infomaker(but we can do it by mean of any program like MS-Access). If you pleas give me the complete Procedure to do that link between Access and Primavera,So as we can Produce any Reprot we need by using Access Data Base. Also give me a suggesstion about how to load Infomaker from any website. Thank you for your Co-operation Awaiting for your reply Ali ----------------

Replies

christ mark
User offline. Last seen 13 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for the post,Its really very best and informative for all,I like it.

logo design | landing page design

Chachrist Srisuwa...
User offline. Last seen 15 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hey, I forgot to ask you. How do you know or learn to program with P3 using VBA?
I learn from Excel file example. I wonder are there any documents? or I have to become a partner in order to get the documents.
Chachrist Srisuwa...
Thanks for the offer. I sure will contact you when I need help. Rightnow, I just focus on MS Project. BTW, you can contact me directly at christ_cv@hotmail.com.
I just curious, where AutoCAD VBA fit into the picture (i mean your software). It has been awhile I didnt program in AutoCAD. Now I feel sorry for all those AutoCAD VBA books (3 books i guess) I bought long time ago.
Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 1 year 31 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Chachrist Srisuwanrat

as I’m working a lot with P3 and VBA, I would be interested in this Program you made. My addres is
Hannes.de-bruyne@hochtief.de. If your’ interested in my programms (translate MS-project to p3 and backwards) let me know. Finaly I found somebody who knows something about this method.
Chachrist Srisuwa...
using VBA, however, i am not sure about Stadd pro.But between, p3, AutoCad, Excel, or Access, it is possible.I did a small program geting and computing data from p3, AutoCad, and Excel long time ago.
:) hmm is it too late to reply this post?
should i ignore a very old post?
yousif alaubidi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all
thanks for your letters on import & export method in primavera p3

But, any one can tell me with details how to make a like primavera p3and Autocad 2004 os excel or Staad pro 2004

with best regreds
Andrew Podolny
User offline. Last seen 40 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
2 BIPRESH PAUL :
Hi, Paul.
I’ve used a very usefull tech tip from Paul Harris site:
http://www.eh.com.au/technical_papers.htm
This is self explanatory document. So I’m sure you won’t have any difficulties to link the database.
If you’ll have any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Best regards,
Andrew
BEEPEE PAUL
User offline. Last seen 19 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
When i tried to enter ftp.primavera.com it’s asking for a name and password....Could nebody suggest how to get into the ftp of Primavera....and then download or if ne1 have the driver/exe file can u send it to the mail given"bpaul2404@hotmail.com"....Bye Bye
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
can i know that how to log in the ftp.primavera.com for download the file? is it we need user name and password? thank you.
Robin Jongen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Make sure in P3 that the activitycodes do not have abriviations like SUM, SS, AS, ES because if you open the database in Access you will not see the information on the activity table. See bulletin 200112512824 knowledgebase primavera Reagrds,
Han Pekelharing
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline
The version has a problem with the basic installed versions of ms access 2000. From a microsoft tech-page it is indicated that you need the access vulnerability patch which can be retrieved from the microsoft support pages. This updates the security and jet engine of access. After this update the ODBC link works fine and no conflicts occur. We can even have both Access and P3 open at the same time and do modifications, the only thing is that after a modification in Access, P£ has to be reorganised to see the result.
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
thanks for the correction. my question, did u try using the version u mentioned? sometime ago, i tried some version (i am not sure if it is the same) and was not stable one, ie, it cuased ms access to hang, and u can't really work with ur project tables.
Han Pekelharing
User offline. Last seen 12 years 1 week ago. Offline
The correct name is Pervasive and they supply the odbc driver for the link between MS-Access 2000 en Primavera's Btrieve database. The latest drivers are found on the ftp.primavera.com site under the odbc section. The file is called od32v204.exe. After download and install you have to make sure you have the latest access updates installed, otherwise the odbc connection won't work correctly. You can read the Primavera Knowledge Base for further details on this subject. It works fine under W95/98 but we found some problems under W2000 and are still trying to solve them, so any help?
Mohd Mahd
User offline. Last seen 16 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
well, yes, ODBC is the method, but it is a special one from Prevasive Software (if i remeber the name correct). with which, u can creat the link u need with MS Access. regards, mohd
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
The are 2 methods to link P3 and MS Access. By ODBC, the linkage method was simple. Update the directory in P3; Establish the link in Control Panel ODBC; Make link table in Access. The disadvantage was slow. By RA, sample files was in P3 CD. Infomaker was available on P3 CD also. I observed the establish the linkage was too complex. Sincerely, MK TSE