Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Starting career in planning/cost control

1 reply [Last post]
Srinath Sadam
User offline. Last seen 2 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I'm currently a junior civil engineer (2-3 years experience) working for a consultancy, and have developed in interest in project planing/cost control as a future career. I'm just wondering what can I do to become more knowledgeable in this area?

I have basic knowledge of MS Project, Primavera, and intermediate in Excel. I am considering doing the Certified Cost Technican course through AACI in order to increase my skillset (https://web.aacei.org/certification/certifications-offered/technician-certifications

Also I am thinking of learning Asta PowerProject, and improving my skills in Primavera, Project and Excel.

Does anyone have any other advice on how to develop a career in this field? 

Thanks, 

Replies

Taofeek Adigun
User offline. Last seen 5 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear all,

I’m searching for a good Tutorial book for P6,

I have already "Planning and Scheduling using Primavera" book by "Paul E. Harris" but it’s not covering many topics specialy the Resource leveling and Budgets! which are most important for me now.

I’ll be glad if someone can send a softcopy of a good tutorial book for P6, or even recommend me a one to get.

Thanks and awaiting your reply guys

and don’t stop planning ;)

Cheers,

Taofeek