Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Setting Up a New Project

1 reply [Last post]
H L-aj
User offline. Last seen 5 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am returning to P6 after some time away and would like to ensure I am setting up my project accurately.  Based on estimates, I need  budgeted labour units (man hours) to be fixed and durations to be automatically generated based on the aforementioned manhours.  I have used resource dependent activity type and fixed units for duration type.  Is this correct?  Budgeted labour units change when i attempt resource loading and I obviously do not want that :)  Any help is warmly welcomed / greatly appreciated!

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 22 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

you can set the activity type as task but for the duration type change this to either fixed units or fixed units per time

also do this at the project level in the default window under duration tpye this way any new activities thet yuo add wil autimatically use this type of duration.

either way is you only change the units this will drive the duration