Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Software Suggestion

8 replies [Last post]
Mike Melay
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi All,

I am lookingfor advice on software. Currently working on Projects within Pharma industry, we have a Roadmap developed in Excel showing all the projects between 2018 and 2023 (ususlly 5yr rolling calendar). This roadmap has all the major highlevel milestones of the project such as C&Q completion, engineering runs, PV batches, regulatory submissions and approvals.

As we have quite a few (approx 40 projects) on this roadmap, so is looking very busy as I often need to include in prenstations for senior site & corporate mangament.

Can anyone advise of software package that allows yo uto develop highlevel roadmap miletsone plans that can be easily transferred into presentations while allow you to easily show any changes made from previous version.

Many thanks

Mike

Replies

David Manna
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Fluxes would be a good option for you. It's a free web based project management tool that offers free unlimited use. 

Alton Small
User offline. Last seen 6 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Have you checked Hitask for this situation?

Cheers!

Alton @ Freelance Project Manager

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 15 hours ago. Offline

yes in many forms, gantt charts, time scaled logic diagrams, pure logic diagrams, histograms. S-curves, and reports

Zoltan, I expect that any software can import data from Excel.

Hard requirement is exporting project plan to presentation.

Can P6 do this?

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 15 hours ago. Offline

Primavera P6 

you can take those plans in excel and import them into p6 saves you a lot of time. You can roll up or drill down ot whatever level that you want to 

David Manna
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline

Have you considered using MS project? It has all the features you need. I also like Asta powerproject. It's a nice tool to have. 

Mike Melay
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

HI Ben,

Thanks for coming back on this - I will email on copy of what we currently have 

Regards,

Mike

Ben Taunt
User offline. Last seen 16 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Mike,

This would be easy to acheive in Asta Powerproject - and possbily even in our entry-level tool, Asta Easyplan, depending on number of milestones per project.

If you want to email us your Excel spreadsheet (you can remove sensitive names), we'll knock up an example and play that back to you?  Email: sales@elecosoft.com. 

Cheers,

Ben @ Asta Powerproject