Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planned Value Cost is not matching with spread sheet value

6 replies [Last post]
PRASAD KUKUNURI
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Groups: None
Dear friends, I found very pecular problem. I am using P6v7, in my baseline schduele (resouce loaded, fixed budget) Planned value is showing as 122,757,666 for the DD is 22.apr.2017 but for the same date if you see cum.BL project total cost in Activity Usage Spreadsheet it is showing 128,811,923.... Kindly suggest me why this difference is comibg.. And also tell me tge default setting for CALCULaTIONS in Project details

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 1 min ago. Offline
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 2402
Groups: None

time setting can certainy do that it can make a 1 day activity same 2 days EVERYTHING behing the scene works off of times. Make sure that data date TIME is correct 8:00 am or the earlies times in your calendar. All start milestones constraint dates should start at 8:00 AM or the earlies times in your calendar an finish milestones should finish on 5:00 pm or the latest hour of all of your calendars. Also turn on the decimal places for your durations and make sure that ALL remaining durations are in whole  numbers not in fractions of a day. 

Folahan Adebayo
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Joined: 9 Jul 2014
Posts: 19
Groups: GPC Qatar

I just solved the same issue now. The problem was caused by nothing other than time settings. 

Just go to Edit-User preferences- Dates and select 24-hour time. Then press F9 and change your DD time to 23:00 and reschedule.

Voila that fixed the same issue for me.

Amro Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Joined: 5 Jan 2009
Posts: 106

Are you sure that you are sorting and grouping Spreadsheet by total.

I mean may you are showing WBS level

PRASAD KUKUNURI
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Groups: None
Dear Zoltan, Thanku for the reply, this schedule was last week revised and updating by my collegue with out checking the boxes which u said. Suddenly he left the company and handed over to me. But i observed these check boxes i checked the boxes but still the Planned cost is showing different values in Spread sheet (below) and Activity table (above). Not knowing how to make them equal
PRASAD KUKUNURI
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 17 hours ago. Offline
Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Groups: None
Thanku for the reply, this schedule was last week revised and updating by my collegue with out checking the boxes which u said. Suddenly he left the company and handed over to me. But i observed these check boxes i checked the boxes but still the Planned cost is showing different values in Spread sheet (below) and Activity table (above). Not knowing how to make them equal..
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 8 hours 1 min ago. Offline
Joined: 13 Jul 2009
Posts: 2402
Groups: None

got to the calculations tab and make sure that under Resource Assignments that when updating actual units or costs that Subtract Actual from At Completion IS CHECKED.

Also make sure that Recalculate Actual Units costs and Costs when duration % complete changes IS CHECKED

Also make sure that Link Actual and Actual This Period Units and Cost IS CHECKED