Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera updates

4 replies [Last post]
amir küçük
User offline. Last seen 4 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all,

My question is about how ı can preserve dates after updating program in P6. I dont want my program shift activities finishes date after updating.

Thanks in advance.

Amir.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

how can the program read the mind of the user  ? I told you in my previous post that the only way for that to occur is to make sure that ALL of the actual dates equal the planned. I have never seen this in my life.

you wanted a solution and I gave you one. I told you your logic was flawed.  

your question was "how can I preserve dates after updating program in P6" I told you exactly how to do it. 

what rates are you talking about  ?

amir küçük

Dear zoltan,

Thank you for advisig, I applied clarifications that you said but there is a problem I faced; after updatig, program doesnt apply given actuals by user just do according to planned rates. I want program to do actual calculations according rates given by user and doesnt change finish dates? In addition is it possible to do it with global change? 

appreciate the help.

amir küçük

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

the only way for that to occur is to make sure that ALL of the actual dates equal the planned dates prior to the update. You have a fundamental flaw in your logic becasue this is excalty what the program does. You plan the work, your progress the work and then you reforecast the work based on the progress todate.

if you really want to do want you are asking go to

Tools

Update Progress 

and let the software update your schedule for you