Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Remaining Labor Units - PLEASE HELP!

1 reply [Last post]
Danielle Small
User offline. Last seen 7 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello,

I am currently managing a portfolio of plans that are managed by entering progress and actuals.  The duration type is set to Fixed Duration & Units and % complete type is physical.  All resources have been set to Auto Compute Actuals and Calculate costs from units in the resource settings.

I want to identify remaining labor units by entering progress.  P6 is calculating the remaining labor units by deducting the actual hours booked to the activity instead of deducting the earned hours from the budget.

I know this can be done as I have worked in a system before with the same settings.

Can anyone advise if there is a setting that needs to be selected to calculate the remaining hours based on progress %?

Thanks, 

Replies

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Danielle,

In the WBS section, set the ETC as follows;

ETC= PF*(Budget at Compl- Earned Value) & PF=1.

Now in the Activity Usage Spread Sheet, use the Estimate to Complete Labour units, instead of Remaining Labour units.

Remaining LU will be calculated only based on the actual units, which you may need to type manually.

Best Regards

Kannan