Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Ordinal date

9 replies [Last post]
UFUK KATIRCI
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello everybody,

I am searching an answer for showing ordinal dates instead of ceartain dates but I couldn' t find a specific way. My problem is the project start date is not certain and I want to show the dates as ordinal dates, like to day 1, 2 etc instead of 25 dec, etc. 

At columns part I want to show ordinal date instead of BL project start - end.

I will appreciate if someone can help me,

Thanks & regards,

Ufuk

Replies

Jerome Odeh
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Ufuk,

Follow the steps below.

• Create 3 UDFs as shown in screenshot below

udf_fields.png
  • Create a Global Change using the the 3 UDFs created above. Remember to replace 19-Jul-99 with your project start date and apply the Global Change

global_change.png
  • Add 2 columns to your schedule for Start Day & Finish Day using the UDFs user_integer_1 & user_integer_2

columns.png
  • Voila, your ordinal dates should now be visible on your schedule

ordinal_dates.png

=jerome

UFUK KATIRCI

These data do not appear at my primavera (P6 R8.3.2), still couldn' t find a way for this ...

UFUK KATIRCI

These data do not appear at my primavera (P6 R8.3.2), still couldn' t find a way for this ...

Jerome Odeh

Under Global Change, you should find these fields under the "Then" section parameter. See attached screenshots.

user_start_date1.png

user_integer1.png

UFUK KATIRCI

I have tried, I checked my primavera but couldn' t see any "user_start_date1" or "user_integer1" etc. How can we create these.

Thank you,

Jerome Odeh
UFUK KATIRCI

Amro thanks for your answer, there was ordinal dates column available at previous versions but it is not available at the latest version, I guess.  I can hide the dates columns but I have to show ordinal days ...

UFUK KATIRCI

Amro thanks for your answer, there was ordinal dates column available at previous versions but it is not available at the latest version, I guess.  I can hide the dates columns but I have to show ordinal days ...

Amro Ahmed
User offline. Last seen 2 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

my suggestion to you to show in Gantt chart and just hide  colums of dates on activity table .

Because in User Preference this not available option.

Thanks