Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Using P6 Database in Excel

4 replies [Last post]
F A
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Hello All,

I'm trying to have p6 data in excel for various reporting purpose. Instead of copy pasting i decided to use Microsoft query to access the p6 database tables.

I'm having problems to identify the specific tables i need to use. I found Task table quite helpful but it doesnt display baseline dates or progress. I assume i need to join to two tables to get the result i need. But i have no knowledge of my project number in the table. the Proj_id which i knw is not displayed in table such as Activtiy.

HAs anyone worked on something similar. Could you provide some guidance on it.

Thanks

F A

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

have you tried using sdk ? and the assoicated spreadsheet 

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

I suggest you investigate building custom P6 reports. The more recent versions of Primavera starting with Release 8.1 give greater flexibility in creating P6 reports to pull information out of the database and organize as you wish. Once you have created a P6 report the way you want it you can then export it as a csv file and save it in Excel. I have built more than a dozen P6 reports so far, and will probably create others in the future.

Tom Reichner treichner@yahoo.com

F A
User offline. Last seen 6 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Thanks Zoltan. But the problem here is it's a huge database with lots of projects. How to identify the project u need in the database. Each project is assigned a projectobjectid in the database. Is there a way to identify that. Has anyone tried using the p6 database in excel. Appreciate any help.
Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

see if my post in the other forum helps 

http://pmsite.com/forums/viewthread/3373/