Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Revised Planned Percentage

5 replies [Last post]
Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hello Gents/Ladies,

When you are on Contractor side when can you allowed to change the planned %. As on a Contractor side you would issue a planning package which comes with a S curve which says that that at this week you would complete this much % of progress (Planning package - Schedule , S Curve , Weightage, narrative etc) for which you need clients approval which would be then used as a reporting basis weekly  / monthly.

Can you change the Planned % as you like (contractor) or to change the planned % you need clients approval which you would only get if a deviation in the inital scope is proven.

Thanks

Jithin

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 31 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

You are Welcome Jithin...

Jithin Kambhikanam

Thanks Ray,

Thats the answer i was looking for and the same thing is what i followed from the start. I just needed a confirmation of what i did was correct. Thank you very much.  

Raymund de Laza

Hi,

You can only change when there is instruction from the Client to submit a Revised Baseline Schedule due to Changes & Modifications.

Regards,

Jithin Kambhikanam

Thanks Ray,

But can you change the Planned % without clients approval from the first planned % which was submitted (S curve) and approved by client. Are we (Contractor) authorised to change the planned % without clients approval.

ItemBaseline Planned %Actual Completed %
Engineering  
Procurement  
Construction  

Thanks

JK

Raymund de Laza

HI,

The Contractor is solely in Control of the Program such as the Activities sequencing, Costs, durations, etc, therefore the Planned % shall be according to Contractors ability to execute the Schedule.

Regards,