Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Entry of actual man hours by maintenance supervisor

1 reply [Last post]
Basil ismail
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

In my department there are many kpi's for maintenace planning such as schedule compliance , Planning and Scheduling Effectiveness (Actual versus Planned completion) ,emergancy man hours & rework man-hours.

most of those reports are based on the actual man-hours entered by the maintenance supervisor in the workorders, there's a risk that if the supervisor didn't enter theoe hours correctly it  will mean that most of the above mentioned KPIi's reports are flase reports.

in order to control this risk i was thinking of developing a kPI on maintenace superviosr for man hours entery by measuring the actual man hours divided by avaliable man hours with target of more or equal to 98% as same target of schedule compliance.

any more  suggestions how to control this risk or how i present tthis idea to the managment.

Replies

TUNJI ADEWALE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

I think what you is a way of cross checking errors from maintenace supervisor

1. pls try to put something like data validation on the excel sheet for esp the column meant for hrs, trades and so on

2. there shd be an automatic green and red flag on anyday you have above or under the thresholds limit.

3. you can as well contact the labor supplier to be giving their daily labor supply to your and automate the correlation with your own supervisors

4. Ensure if possible you give each labor code and you can trace if any labor is working on an average too small or greater than thresholds set 

5. You can try to prepare a weekly report to correlate your supervisors report to each labor supplier report

pls let me know if you more clarifications

RGDS

Yakub