Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

% complete rol up

3 replies [Last post]
andrew francis
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi hope someone can advise -

I am new to P6 ( from MS project  environment) and cannot get a %compete figure to roll up into the wbs top level in the activity view (as you can in project).

I have tried it in the WBS layout but is not he same pictorially.

we are using straight level of effort no resource assigned and being advised of slips or increasing % ct manually.

can someone advise- if i dont respond i am not being rude but dont know how to answer you

Andy 

Replies

James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 10 years 19 hours ago. Offline

Also, you would need to use the 'Performance % complete' field rather than the Physical % - Physical % complete won't rollup through WBS legs

Cheers

Shimmo

andrew francis
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

ok thanks very much

Kaif Mohsin
User offline. Last seen 6 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Andrew,

In order to get 'Percent Complete' figures to be rolled up at different WBS Levels, you need to have cost assigned to the activities because it is calculated from Earned Value, Planned Value and Budget at Completion. So, unless and until you have cost assigned to the activities you will no get any roll up figures at the WBS Level.

Best Regards,

Kaif Mohsin