Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Project Set Up

1 reply [Last post]
Thomas Myers
User offline. Last seen 8 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

All,

I am about to put together a simple P6 schedule for a scope of works including FM and logistics. I have 3 key stakeholders (PM's for various work streams) that I can communicate readily with. The Sponsor has set the question to monitor these FM and logistic work streams with a P6 schedule but he is not very contactable.

My question is: what do you think is the best way to manage these stakeholders and produce the schedule required?

I have all ready verbally engaged the 3 PM's looking after the work and invited them for a meeting to talk through putting a schedule together. Does anyone have any best practices to how this meeting should run?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Thomas

You should at least have a baseline programme that shows the key milestones that the stakeholders have to meet.

If you have no idea what they are just do what everyone else does and throw in some dates that look to be achievable.

That is what "top down" planning is all about.

Be the King of the Wingers.

Best regards

Mike Testro