Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Detailed mep planning procedure

6 replies [Last post]
paul pullan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hai friends

i'm new to this site. please help me with your advices

i'm a beginner in mep planning. but i have no experience in the whole mep systems. the only experience i have is in sprinkler systems. but now i'm forced to study and do the planning and scheduling mep project using primavera. I have only a very little time to come to the front line. i know primaver and that is my only strength. 

so guys please help me, and be with me at my needs

please let me know , how to begin in mep planning

Replies

Sagar Hassan
User offline. Last seen 2 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Mike Testro,

Would you like to help me to send method statement for MEP planning for the CIOB?

Thank You.

B/R Sagar Hassan

E-Mail : sagar_karachian_2002@yahoo.com

Abdul Fattah
User offline. Last seen 8 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Can someone send me productivity norms for calculation of manpower/Manhours for MEP Projects & Planning Method statement.

Regards,

Abdul Fattah

q_fattah@yahoo.com

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Paul

The key to MEP planning is the interface between the structure and finishing tasks and the several stages of the MEP works.

If your programme is not sufficiently detailed then you will not be able to programme the MEP.

For instance in the ceiling void there are four interfaces with the suspended ceiling and the MEP installation.

Can you see on your programme when the roof zone / basement is ready to take the plant?

When is your power on date?

Do you have any MEP schematic drawings to see where the systems routes are?

Best regards

Mike Testro

paul pullan

hai friends

my senior ask to schedule mep of a project. he gave me the master schedule of that project. In that master schedule only Early Start and Early Finish time for MEP  is given. As this is my first project and i had no previous experience in this, advice from your side is most precious.

So before starting what all things are required . 

paul pullan

thanks mike..

now i have an idea about the fix's and all. its all i got from your discussions. so thanks for that tooo. but my problem is how we set relation ship through these fix's 

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Paul

Welcome to planning planet.

Send me a message with your email and I will send you a method statement for MEP planning that I wrote for the CIOB publication Guide to Good Practice of Time management in Complex Projects.

It was never used.

Best regards

Mike Testro