Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Productivity and Norms

1 reply [Last post]
TII WS
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Hi,

Need some assistance in buildig up the as built productivity.

I was thinking of classifying under such category as below

Excavation

Bored pile

Pilecap

Raft Slab

Ground beam

Column

Slab

Any idea what unit should I use if I were to build this in relation to resource usage as well. Should I use qty/day, or manday/qty or any other suitable unit ?

Any idea to improve on these? Or should I split further into rebar, formwork, etc

Replies

Andrew Tan
User offline. Last seen 11 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I will do so for my own project

Excavation - m3 / mday or m3 /eqpt

Bored pile - lm / mday

Pilecap - No./mday (not sure)

Raft Slab - m3 / mday or m3 /eqpt

Ground beam - m3 / mday or m3 /eqpt

Column - m3 / mday or m3 /eqpt

Slab - m3 / mday or m3 /eqpt

As most the building related work is related to concrete, we usually calculate using m3 / mday. If needed, m3 / eqpt to show the needs for concrete pumps, vibrators.

Will not split into rebar, formwork. Calculate these together in its entirety. Do take note of the 72 hours allowance for formwork stripping if needed.