Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Repeated milestone/ activity

2 replies [Last post]
Kashif Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hey,

Anyone could help me how to incorporate the milestone or activity repeating only for 4 hours in a week on the same time and on the same day.?

Lets suppose if the project is of 10 weeks, and i have a project meeting of 2 hours on each monday, then how to incorporate it into the program under a single WBS?... shall i have to write meetins activity 10 times or there is any other solution?.

Pleas ehelp,

regards, KK

Replies

Kashif Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 18 weeks ago. Offline

thanx Daniel, thats a useful tip though.

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kashif,

If working unit in P6 is on an hourly basis then you can incorporate it as an activity. If minimum is a day, then you can use your calendar and block those hours, go to calendars and click detailed working hours, the problem though it will no show in your programme.

Regards,

Daniel