Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PRIMAVERA P6 - Role Rates

2 replies [Last post]
Mehas Abdul Aziz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am in a strange suitation and anybody can help me regarding this. I am using PRIMAVERA P6.

Now I have a project which is having different Price unit per role (USD & JPY).  And also each role is having different rates in 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014. How can I set the rates for each role. Our cost calculation is based on role rates.

Any suggesstion…., please

Replies

Mehas Abdul Aziz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Pretty good suggestion Michael.. i will go with preference 1. The problem is that i want to set up the full resources rates for it as now we are calculating from roles. stil, i think it would be good to avoid the risk in a long run.

Thanks for your help !!!!

Mehas

Michael Lepage
User offline. Last seen 38 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

I see your problem.  A few ideas.

1) Instead of using Roles, use Resources and apply a time-varying rate for the resource on the Units & Prices tab.  (add a new line to the table with a new rate and applicable date).  Then you'll have to run "Recalculate Assignment Costs" from the Tools menu to get your project to reflect the changing rate.

2) If you have to stick with Roles, then you'll have to do some manual work, but it won't be pretty.  For each Role, use the other price/unit fields to input the 2012, 2013, 2014 etc rates.  For every activity in 2012, you could manually change the Rate Type  field (on the Resource Assignments Tab) to pick up the 2012 price/unit field.  You might be able to use a Global change, but it's still not great.  For activities that span over the 2011/2012 threshold, you would add the same role again to the activity, but adjust the start/finish dates on the resource assignments tab.  

My preference is 1).  2) is real messy.  3) is export to excel and calculate your costs in Excel.

Good luck,

Michael

http://www.planacademy.com