Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Establishing a Critical Path

2 replies [Last post]
AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

People working in primavera must know that when you schedule your programe of work after adding relationships,it makes its own critical path based on the longest path having 0 float...

Now I have a schedule with a critical path and i want to change my critical path.I know you can change it if you know how to play with the activity relationships ,but is there any other method that is time saving and shorter then the above mentioned one?????????????????????

Regards

Engr.Faiz

Replies

AB Timo
User offline. Last seen 9 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I got it...thank you

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 45 weeks ago. Offline

There are 4 ways to change you critical path:

1) Ammend the rules defining what is critical (schedule, options)

2) Change the relationships

3) Change the durations

4) Change the constraints

You shouldn't be looking for the quickest method, but the one which gives you the most realistic schedule.