Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

changing sequence in updated schedule

2 replies [Last post]
Manoj VS
User offline. Last seen 8 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When my contractor submit updated schedule he change sequence due to non availability of work front which is planned in baseline. Is this correct procedure ?

Please advise me. Thanks in advance

Replies

Sapna Rani
User offline. Last seen 12 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Manoj,

This is not the correct way of schedule updating. Once the baseline is fixed, it is necessary to update the schedule according to the planned baseline only.

The first thing is that always plan your schedule according to the forecast.......

If not possible then show difference in plan and actual bars and can mention the reason for lag....

I think now it is clear to you 

Sapna

Moin Khan
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Manoj,

as per my understanding, the aaproved baseline should be untouched (Else mentioned in contract).

however for any kind of change in approved baseline should be informend to client.If required ask them to revise baseline as per current situation & then update  it.

Regards,

Moin