Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Contract versus programme

1 reply [Last post]
Mike planner
User offline. Last seen 2 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi planners, I am not sure about something contractually.

Lets say

Week 1 - Task A-  excavation delayed by information required from architect. 3 weeks EOT granted.

Week 2 – Task B – Construct new foundation, ahead 1 week due to faster excavation compare to tender baseline

Week 3 – Task C – construct walls, 2 weeks faster than the tender programme (tender baseline)

If we look at week 1, the client approved the 3 weeks extension of time but week 2 and week 3, we done the work faster than the tender programme. this neutralise the 3 weeks EOT!

Does this mean I need to give back the EOT?

I am afraid, if I show this 3 weeks ahead, then there will be no delay anymore. What happen task D, E, F, G..... slower than the tender duration due to ourself? I don’t want the client to know I am ahead 3 weeks for itask B and C and no delay now. Just in case the future tasks delay because of ourself and i still have 3 weeks to play around.

just a though from a contractor,

Cheers

Mike

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 4 days ago. Offline

Hi Mike

As usual it all depends on your contract but the usual terms are that once an EoT has been properly awarded it cannot be taken back - except for ommission of work in the final award. This is why contract administrators do not like granting an EoT on the basis of an Impacted as Planned analysis because it is entirely theoretical.

Best regards

Mike Testro