Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

difference in plan and forcast curve

4 replies [Last post]
ji wei
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

we have established the weekly report by excel database, and form the plan and forcast curve.

I want to ask the difference between the plan and forcast curve?

When should I input the forcast data?

Thanks

Replies

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Plan Curves represent the baseline plan

Forecast curve will project the plan of remaining work in light of till date progress and future outlook.

i.e. forecast curve = actual curve + plan for the remaining work

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

actual and forecast are both parts of the same curve -actual part of it for the past, forecast for the future.

ji wei
User offline. Last seen 12 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks for your reply!

but if I update each week with new data, so what's the difference between actual curve. By the way, all our curve was formed by completed work quantities.

curve.jpg

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

plan curve uses your baseline dates, and hence does not change (unless you rebaseline)

forecast curve uses your latest update dates. Input the forecast data each week as the schedule is updated.