Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Update Problem

2 replies [Last post]
Mustansar Jamil
User offline. Last seen 12 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am using P6 and face a problem. When i update the progress, the activities whose %age is between 0%-100% (Like, 50% complete, 70% Complete etc), the bar against such activities in no more remains continuous but it split into 2 parts, 1st part for completed % age and 2nd part for remaining (or critical) % age and there is a gape between these two bars.. I do not know how to overcome this problem. Because the gap between bar seems like there is no work on this activity for some period of time but this is not the actual case.

Replies

Haitham Khaireldin
User offline. Last seen 43 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Just change the time scale of the Actual Work to Current Bar instead of the Actual Bar. You can find that in the bars settings
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 13 weeks ago. Offline

I guess it has something to do with the time period, as P6 is calculating in hours, imagine if your working hours is 8 hours per day and as you know, there are 24 hours in one day, so there's a big gap.

For the workaround, sorry I'm not using P6 for now.