Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing sequence of work in updated programme

4 replies [Last post]
Sinan Fahmi
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Planners,

while I am updating my programme of work I faced out of sequence activity, my question is that is it possible to change the relation ship of this activity because after scheduling the early finish of this activity is still be driven by its predecessor activity?

Thanks in advanced

Replies

Hadi k. Shabibi
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline

Your can change it if you find the change is necessary during updates, but should be noted and recorded,

list the change in a LOG file and write the reason of the change then send it to client/PM for his record.

Sinan Fahmi
User offline. Last seen 8 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks alot..... its clear for me now

Jose Frade
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Sinan

Quite often relation of activities have to be changed (most common reason is to reflect a possible change on project management strategie or mitigate some unexpected impact from late completion of activities, etc).

In every case, relation has to be changed and event noted for later reference. Schedule has to be recalculated every time it happens.

BR

JMFrade

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 23 hours ago. Offline

Hi Sinan Fahmi, PSP

You can revise the relationships if it sounds illogical before updating the program and it has to be recorded for substantiation

Regards

Shahul