Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Mile stone and float

2 replies [Last post]
Ganesan Karthikeyan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

HI Friends,

There are some dicrpency with my main contractor's planner

the case is,

i said to main contractor's planner that you can use a total float of an activity when the finish milestone is with Zero float. My main contractor's planner is having total float in activity as well as in finish milestone also. i told them to follow early start/finish dates, which will lead to early finish of finish mile stone and if you follow late start/finish considering the total float of an activity, it will lead to late finish of finishmile stone (which has float)  . My contractor's planner said to me that he can use the total float and can delay the activity when the finish milestone with total float.

is main contractor's statment correct.? please clarify

Replies

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 17 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi   Karthikeyan

Assuming that float you mentioned in this subject is total float 

Please check the below link ,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_(project_management)

Regards

Shahul

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

First decide whether your project has one finish date or two finish dates???