Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Question about schedule cracker ???

4 replies [Last post]
Jehad Aldaoud PMP...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Good evening to all ,I wish you doing will in your work 

I have question about schedule cracker, there is options in this program i didn't know what it mean these options are ( DCMA, GAO, EVM, ), can any one explain what it mean, or give me reference to read it 

best regards  

Replies

Mohamed Hegab
User offline. Last seen 3 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Jihad,

DCMA is Defense Contract Management Agency.  It is an organization that handles the contracts of the DoD (Department of defense) in the USA.  They specified 14-points to assess project’s schedule.  Schedule cracker provides a quick and visual way to assess the compliance of the schedule with the DCMA 14-point schedule assessment in moments. 

For the GAO, it is the US Government Accountability Office.  The GAO can audit any federally funded project or agency.  The GAO specified 9 conceptual measures for the best practice in scheduling.  Schedule Cracker identifies metrics to satisfy these measures.  The DCMA and GAO assessment measure are well researched metrics that can be used by owners to assess the quality of the schedule.

The EVM is the Earned Value Method.  Schedule Cracker uses the EVM as required by most agencies as it meets the ANSI 748 which is the specification that most governmental agencies ask for.  Schedule Cracker provides as well the perfect world earned value analysis as some contractors like to use it.  I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mohamed Hegab, PhD, PE, PMP

Jehad Aldaoud PMP...

thank you for your answer muhammad, I use trail version  

Jehad Aldaoud PMP...

thank you for your answer muhammad, I use trail version  

Muhammad Aqeel
User offline. Last seen 13 years 9 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Mr. Jiahd,

reference to your above e-mail: ( DCMA, GAO, EVM, ),

What i uderstand from the above terms is that: DCMA mean is Detail construction Management Analysis, EVM mean is Earned Valuve Managemet and GAO , Generenal anlysis Opeion. this is all hwta i understand.

if you found some thing else please let me update as well as pls. also if you never mind may i know how you will get the schedule Craker tarial version or what...?

bets regads,

maqeel

+966599981584

maqeel2008@hotmail.com