Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

monthly cash flow for a WBS

4 replies [Last post]
Syed Faisal Hashmi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello friends

Please help me to make monthly budget cash flow curve for the wbs. I prepared primavera p6 program in which i make wbs like sub structure work, structural work ground floor, structure work at first floor,structure work at Second floor,structure work at Third floor,...and on the same lines i make architectural works, Plumbing works, HVAC works, Fire Fighting Works, Electrical Works and so ..on. within each each wbs i gave the activities.

i load all the cost from BOQ against each activities..i can generate monthly cash flow from p6 reports.

now i need to make monthly cash report for particulat type of wbs.. like i need to have monthly cash flow for structural works, or fire fighting works..

please help me..

Replies

Syed Faisal Hashmi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks friends..

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 23 hours 13 min ago. Offline

CF by Responsibility

As you can see by combining Cost Components (Cost Accounts) and different WBS definitions (different group sets) you can get what you want, if you add Cost Centers then the possibilities will be multiplied not only on your histograms but also on your tabular reports.

Try it this is a no brainer, you shall try it on P6 shall be as easy as 1-2-3.

Regards,

Rafael

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 23 hours 13 min ago. Offline

WBS Cash Flow

You shall try with the histograms; perhaps by highlighting the desired WBS you will be able to create your Graphical and Tabular Reports for the selected WBS only, in a similar way other software does. Even if you switch to a different WBS view, say by responsibility instead of by phase or by area, the reports from closed WBS shall still be valid.

Regards,

Rafael

michael ramos
User offline. Last seen 7 years 4 weeks ago. Offline

you can copy paste from activity spreadsheet summarized as wbs to excel

just copy again the wbs and paste in first column of excel