Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resequencing programme

2 replies [Last post]
Martin Gomez
User offline. Last seen 11 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi everyone
How do i resequence a programme half way through the project.can i freez all the progress  and move the bars to a future date.what is the best practice.i work with asta power project.Thanks

Replies

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Sachin,

First you need to back-up your file and keep a copy just in case you need to revert back to your programme, then update your programme up to your last cut-off date, enter percent complete for ongoing activities and input forecast completion dates or remaining duration based on your assessment or based on inputs from the construction team doing the work. After updating the programme you can now re-sequence the remaining activities which have not started yet. If an activity has already started and affected by the change of sequence, then you can rename the activity say Part 1 and make it 100% and add an activity for the 2nd part. Be careful though, you need to review the realtionships thoroughly, it is a pain in the A** to delink and re-link activities especially if you did not do the original programme.

Best regards,

Daniel

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

You can re-sequence the programming logic to fit the field conditions and then freeze the progress .It doesn't matters where U stand either half way or full length .But realistic logic matters