Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Apportioned Effort (EV Meas. Tech.) for intagible wrk

No replies
Jose Ramirez
User offline. Last seen 11 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Here is the Standard Def. that i have read (1000X) and i think i understand but not able to implement it in P6:

Apportioned Effort (AE) - Apportioned Effort (AE) Task Plans are a symbolistic relationship between two closely related organizational elements. Use this EVT between Task Plans which contain related work packages. The related work packages have work scope dependency. They are sequential or supportive, and have implied schedule interdependencies. Use the AE Technique for Quality Control, where their Task Plan has a "work in process" inspection task relating directly to the fabrication Task Plan. An example of the fabrication Task Plan is the model shop making widgets. The WIP inspection task only happens if manufacturing produces a part. Therefore, "WIP" inspection labor tasks are related, on a percentage basis, to a preceding manufacturing labor tasks - i.e., it is an apportioned effort! Another example occurs in software design. The Task Manager apportions computer costs to the design/coding effort.

WBS Milestone Weighted Primavera P6

WBS Milestone Weighted Primavera P6

My problems is that: I do not understand how i am supposed to do an Apportioned effort technique (AE) in Primavera P6. I have attached two pictures of P6 WBS Milestones and Earned Value Tabs. Would anyone be so kind to help me and let me know what i am supposed to select on the Earned Value Tab and the WBS TAB.

I understand that they have dependencies (relationships in the schedule but how can i link them in the WBS Milestone TAB OR EV TAB?)

Please, Help...