Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Delay of Payment by Client

1 reply [Last post]
Tarek Barham
User offline. Last seen 5 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All

I faced this case.

We are working with client and he is delaying our interim payment more than payment time 84 days.

I know that according to FIDIC we will be entitled to claim for financing charges, but can we ask for EOT ( extension of time) and could we claim for over head cost ( in case of payment delay affected the physical progress in the site.).

I’m looking forward your valuable advises with supports from FIDIC law.

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Tarek,

FIDIC clause 14/8 addresses the delayed payment. The Contractor is entitled to financing charges automatically for any delayed payment.

EOT is not coverd under this clause.

If you have a payment schedule stated in the Contract and signed by both parties, then it is a different situation and you can build on the Contractual clause and not the FIDIC clause.

Best Regards,

Samer