Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

LNG Pipeline Pre-commissioning Schedule required!

1 reply [Last post]
Ben Hall
User offline. Last seen 14 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all,

I am hoping someone can provide me a copy of an LNG Pipeline Pre-commissioning Schedule.

The job requires: Flooding, Gauging, Hydro tesing, Dewatering x2 20" production flowlines (offshore, wet to wet). Along with the same process for a 6" MEG & 36" Trunkline pipelines (onshore, dry).

The client requires documents listed/high level detail on scope of work in schedule (ie, expecting 1000’s of activities).

Can anyone please help me as this is not my area of expertise.

My email is ben_hall85@live.com if someone has a schedule for me.

But all inputs are welcomed!!

Thanks & Regards
Ben Hall

Replies

Izam Zakaria
User offline. Last seen 7 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Get the contracts first from client. Go through everything on contract and get milestone dates (normally it would stated on contract)

Further study on barge availability (vessel that bring the numbers of pipe line)

Further study on weather contigency (during laying and installation of pipe line)

normally the pipe line will be assembled at onshore (refer to project execution )before they proceed installtion at deep sea

get productivity of welding joint (especially dive welder)

Bear in your mind they will proceed hydrotest (work pack) at onshore. get it from your company KPI.

U mean u need to complete the schedule which the activities is up to 1000? actually it’s a common practice by planners.(put engineering and procurement activities such like material, PFD, P&ID, specification, delivery, ex-works blablabla....

Last but not least...get liaise with your project management team ...come out the schedule first and let them comments....