Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Loading

2 replies [Last post]
van gallego
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hello everyone,

A problem keeps on buggling me while im resourcing in P6. everytime i input an actual unit for every resources i have, after a while the values that i have stimulated becomes zero "0" again and again. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

nAv

Replies

van gallego
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Arnold,

Thank you very much for your prompt response to my query.

The solution you gave really worked out but another trouble popped out while I’m resourcing. Let’s say, we have an activity whose duration is 12/01/08-04/03/09. All of the resources have the same actual start & actual finish which means 12/15/08-12/15/08 is the actual start & actual finish of one of my resources. Several resources are allocated to dates that are later than the data date. In result, after a few moments, my actual finish for my activity which is 12/15/08 has vanished. And inputting those actual start and actual finish one by one for all the resources for an activity has been repetitive. May I know why this happens?
Again, thank you for the warm welcome.

Regards,

NaV
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Van,

First of all, WELCOME to PP.

The reason why your actual unit becomes zero it is because you are using Duration % Complete & everytime you will change your current finish date which is later than the BL Finish Date it will goes back to zero.

To resolve it, go to Project Window --> Project Detail --> Calculation, untick the check next to "Recalculate Actual Units and Cost when duration % complete changes"

HTH.

Cheers,

Arnold