Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Power Transmission Line Programme

4 replies [Last post]
Mohsen M
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear All,

I am about to develop an electricity transmission line programme. I have to break Design, Procurement, and construction works into details. Does anyone can help me about required activities, duration and sequencing?

Regards,

Mohsen

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Mohsen,

I would suggest the following:

1. Review all the Contract documents that you have. If you have a BOQ, start with that.

2. Sit with the Engineer Manager that you have.
a. You will need to submit a Technical Design calculation report that must be approved by the client.
b. Testing might be requested. So you need to submit the testing facilities that you want to test at, and get it approved.
c. You will need to Fabricate, Galvanize and Ship the Prototype and test it. After approval you can start production.
d. After approval of the Prototype, you can complete the "detail drawings".
e. Engineering will Create the BOQ.

3. Once the BOQ is created. You will need to sit down with the Procurement Manager. And determine the following
a. Plates Supplier, and Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA)
b. Angles ETA.
c. Bolts ETA.
d. Electrical components ETA.
e. Supplier of the Civil works if it is done by another party. Or you will need to have another section for the Construction section

3. Construction
a. Fabrication
b. Galvanization
c. Shipping to location
e. Civil Works
f. Construction
g. Handing Over

If you need any more details, I might be able to assist.

Best ,

Samer
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
If you say so, but how is it possible that your company has a contract to do something they don’t know how to do?

I can help you, but not without any information about the project, and right now I don’t know anything about it.
When to Start?
When to finish?
What terrain?
How many km?
How many pylons?
What Volts?
Mohsen M
User offline. Last seen 11 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply.

I would not post a note at Planning Planet if I could find help from the Company that I work in.

Regards,

Mohsen
Trevor Rabey
User offline. Last seen 1 year 22 weeks ago. Offline
Surely, it is the other people in your own company, the ones who know how it can be done, and who know all of the specific circumstances, and who have committed to doing it, who are best placed to help you?