Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changes in Scope of Work Affecting Plan & Earned Wt. %

4 replies [Last post]
efren labay
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Master Planners,

I just wanna know what is the standard practice if for example i have a P3 detailed schedule loaded with wt. % on each activites and all my planned and earned percentage are generated from my updated schedule and then suddenly a change of scope of works say CMU walls changed into dry wall happened which their wt. % will not be the same, do i have to recalculate all the wt.% and load again to each activities, and for sure it will change all the figures i have reported before.

It is also same if i have a deleted scope of works or activities what will i do ?

Thanks all....

Replies

Nestor Principe
User offline. Last seen 12 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Efren,

If the CMU walls is changed to drywalls, the wt% will make very minor change as far as physical progress is concerned. If you are monitoring costs, and the difference is significant, then you may want to reflect the changes in your baseline.

Reagrds,
Nestor
Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Erfan,

You need to develop a change procedure into your schedule. It should be agreed with all parties. Change is something that will continue to happen throughout the project.

Best Regards,

Samer
mukunda y
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Efren - Changes in the scope of work is common, we may want to add or delete activities. Defeinitely it is going to change the baseline weightages, actual weightages, we want to do this exercise no other solution, Second solution i think if any change in scope of work we can keep as a variation,,,,,,

Cheers,
Mukunda
Omar Grant
User offline. Last seen 15 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Efren - if the changes to the scope of your original baseline (target) schedule are significant then maybe you need to re-baseline and therefore re-calc resources, weightings etc

cheers,

Omar