Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

4D Programming

11 replies [Last post]
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 1 year 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None
I think that this is the correct forum. my company wants to get into 4D programming, quite a lot of software out there, but has to be compatable with MSP. Or be able to have dates piut in. Any input would be appreciated as to what is available.

regards

Andrew

Replies

Padraig McGann
User offline. Last seen 13 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise who would be the market leader in 4D software?

ozgur karaguzel
User offline. Last seen 42 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
i have used some softwares for 4D and 5D. the best software in the mark as 4D (3D+Time) is Navisworks Jetstream. If you want to add cost information to the 4D Model then it’s better to use Vico.
if you have got questions, let me know.

Regards...

Ozzy
Dave Morrow
User offline. Last seen 11 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Raviraj
I have info from a company called Vico which sells 5D software(3D+Program+Costs).Drop me an email and I’ll send it on.

Dave
david.morrow@echarris.com
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
But, whats the approximate cost??? Any clue??
K Yong
User offline. Last seen 12 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
Agree with Andrew Pearce. 4D is not cheap in the software itself plus the server. Lets dont forget you will also need a dedicated draft man to constantly updating the 3D model and import it into the 4D modeling platform. But the benefits it brings especially to the complex project/ work sequence is undenyable.
Andrew Pearce
User offline. Last seen 1 year 14 weeks ago. Offline
I can concur with previous postings Synchro is well worth looking at, contact Huw Jones 01564 779297.

One word of caution is that 4D does not come cheap!
Andrew Owenson
We want it initially to use as a marketing tool at submission stage - hence why I asked about 2D, we will not have 3D models at that stage, then to develop it further to construction, primarily as a programming tool.

Andrew
K Yong
I would expect all 4D programme will be base on 3D modeling to start with. That’s why we call it 4D programming which is 3D model + 1D from Programme Dimension = 4D modeling/ programming.

It’s the same as for Syncro where you will either develop the 2D drawings into 3D models before import it into Synchro. Another simple way is to obtain the ready 3D models (up to date information) from Architect or Structure Engineer depends on what you want to show. Please bear in mind that Synchro is not a platform to develop a 2D drawing into 3D model. You still need to do this using Autocad or Bently Redline.

Mind me to ask why you/ your Manager need this for?
Andrew Owenson
Soochean

What does the software work from - 2D cad or does it need 3D cad? - Navisworks was demonstrated to me last week and it needed 3D cad to work.

Andrew

K Yong
Sorry it should be Microsoft Project 2003 and above.
K Yong
Hi Andrew

I have been working with 4D programme in the past year with a company call Synchro. The software will support XML files which you can generate out from Microsoft Office 2003 or above. It also support Asta Teamplan and Primavera format which I find its a pretty robust 4D modeling software.