Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Rail Planner !!! URGENT MUST REPLY

7 replies [Last post]
Muhammad Zeeshan ...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello Everyone

I am going for my first rail planner interview on monday.Can you please give me some tips for rail planning or some project on rail.What are the basic factor we need to consider for railway planning.
If you wanna send me an email please send it on
tumharabina@yahoo.com

thankyou for your time.

Replies

E M
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Please can someone help me with any Rail WBS for either new tracks, upgrades or refubs. If you also have signalling and electrification projects i will be happy to have them.

please send to eazykiel@yahoo.com

E M
User offline. Last seen 7 years 48 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Please can someone help me with any Rail WBS for either new tracks, upgrades or refubs. If you also have signalling and electrification projects i will be happy to have them.

please send to eazykiel@yahoo.com

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Tekin

If you are going to continue using Planning Planet to promote your interest in Asta software you should read the forum rules - particularly in respect of business promotion.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Tekin Guvercin
User offline. Last seen 10 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Hi Everyone, <?xml:namespace prefix = o />

I suggest you visiting www.tilos.org web page. You can find there real Railway project. There are 4-5 Railway project sample available in this side.

Considering TILOS has been used 90% of biggest railway project last 10 years. You can get a lot of good information in that web site.

if you are applying Rail Way Project Job, you need to know Time-Location Diagram. This equine technique integrates time planning with location and distance planning. And mostly use in Railway, Highway, Bridge, Pipeline project where distance is important.

Please remember 10th of 10th biggest Railway Contractors are customer of TILOS. AS a planner who knows TILOS you will never worry about job.

Please see as following link real sample of Rail way project and all major activities are there;

http://www.tilos.org/fileadmin/downloads/doc/samples/Big-Railway-Sample.pdf

I hope it will help

Tekin

Ambrose Adodo
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hello all,

Please can some one help me with Any Rail WBS and activities,either on track or station refurbishment.

I need it urgents for my school Assignments.my email is ambrado2002@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance.

Ambrado.

ROGER ASSI
User offline. Last seen 7 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
Dear Joseph,

I hope you are doing fine.

Please do you have any schedule format regarding rail project(Civil Works;Excavation,geotextile backfill,retaing wall,....)

If yes could send it to this email:roger_assi@hotmail.com.

Your coorperation is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Muhammad,

It will depend on what position you are in.

For example, if the company will be involved in EPC, then you must demonstrate that you know the design process of: civil works, building (station) above ground or underground, viaduct and underground structures.

Then you will demonstrate the procurement process for rails, meachanical, electrical, HVAC, special equipment ivolve.

Then you will demonstrate that you know the construction of underground structure (diaphragm walls, bored piling, TOP-DOWN construction) and TBM for tunnel boring machine for underground railsways and rail installation, viaduct construction (piling, pile cap, pier, pier cap, segments construction, rails installation).

Then you should know about TEST TRACK, train depot, Testing and commissioning.

I hope this will help. I would suggest you look up gulfnews.com. The online news got a special feature on how the Dubai Metro was constructed based on previous completed activities. They have some photo gallery on how the Dubai Metro Progress. They did already make a test or trial run, this is the portion of the test track.

I hope you will still have time to get an idea about Metro Rail Construction.

Cheers,
Charlie