Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

mep sequence in building

1 reply [Last post]
Johnny Wee
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar
just share your ideas,need to complete the following:

electrical
wall:
after blockwork chasing/marking,we can start for conduiting and g.i. box and db box then close by plaster.. then we install wiring for light and power..then install/terminate db after light fittings

ceiling:
after blockwork, install hangers then g.i. tray then high level wiring install, then access for ceiling works

a/c

after blockwork, we can start for 1st fix a/c hanger then start ducting / insulation and fcu and chilled pipes installation in parallel, then connect line bet fcu and duct,then access for ceiling works

after fixing of pipes, testing/commission

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 32 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Dear Johnney,

It depends on the size of project that you have. Either go by

1st fix electrical: Walls, ceiling and Floor
2nd fix electrical: pulling cables and wires,
3rd fix electrical: sockets, cover plates, lighting fixtures and commissioning.

1st fix Mechanical
2nd fix Mechanical
3rd fix Mechanical: installing fixtures, pads and commissioning,

for big size project, it is preferred that you go by system. For MEP, it can run between 15-25 systems.

Let me know if you have a more specific question.

Best,

Samer